Sr Manager, Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/25/2018
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Sr Manager, Operations
Auto Req ID
In consultation with senior account leadership, oversee the operation, staffing, performance and development of a team of highly skilled technicians and managers in delivering Material Handling, Industrial Automation and Robotics services in a 24x7 logistics environment.
This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured by the Key Performance Indicators. Additionally, the expected levels of service delivery must be achieved at the lowest possible cost and within the prescribed budget for each facility. The Sr. Operations Manager is part of the North American Operations Team that provides services to the client across the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
* Oversee the environmental and safety program for the site and foster a Safety First culture within the JLL and supplier teams
* Sets overall vision and leadership for the operations team
* Establish and execute strategic direction for operations & maintenance team in alignment with client goals. Ensure all Client and JLL safety procedures are followed. Develop training programs to increase team technical capabilities.
* Coordinate the operational aspects of the properties in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the client's assets
* Inspect buildings physical plant routinely to guarantee that building services are at the highest level of quality standards. Monitor and review preventive maintenance programs.
* Utilize data to develop trends and insights that will drive continuous improvement in the site performance
* Manage third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties
* Manage supplier performance at the facility and maximize utilization of suppliers, preferred vendors and contractors. Coordinate discussions with each vendor or supplier regarding goal setting, performance criteria, and performance review. Develop scope of services and assist in vendor negotiations for new and the maintenance of existing contracts.
* Transform existing operational practices to leverage JLL tools, processes, relationships, best practices to ensure service delivery is high efficient and effective.
* Manage site to achieve KPI and performance indicators.
* Have the ability to step in and lead teams to recover the facility from unplanned downtime events
* Lead/assist in site incident investigation, utilize structure problem solving to identify root cause of failures
Client Relationship Management
* Develop and maintain positive relationship with Client General Manager and Operations team by providing a seamless interface to client; must have superior leadership skills, sense of urgency, bias for action, attention to detail and creativity
* Primary interface with client representatives. Collaborate to determine client expectations. Ensures delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with JLL performance.
* Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery.
* Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
* Work with Regional Facility Manager to provide the strategy, vision and continuous improvement to drive the facility personnel to advance the quality of service delivery and further the client partnership.
* Foster a collaborative teamwork environment. Promote energy and enthusiasm. Maximize productivity. Motivate employees with recognition and career growth opportunities.
* Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard CMMS tools, processes and systems where possible. Ensure facility compliance with use of the new tools.
* Complete all performance reviews, both mid-year and year-end, on a timely basis. Ensure that individuals that do not achieve excellence or show significant performance problems are coached and put on improvement plans. Work with HR to ensure proper performance management steps are taken.
* Work with the Regional Facility Manager to source employee career growth and development opportunities within or outside of the account. Understand employee career growth aspirations to enable matching of firm needs with employee abilities.
* Develop and maintain operating budget for the site and achieve targets as defined in KPIs; Provide written variance analysis and forecast to client
* Meet facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving significant savings in year one and two of outsourced operations.
* Work with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost savings opportunities and support their contracting efforts.
* Work with finance and accounting professionals to produce on-time and accurate reports, including cost savings initiatives, variance analyses, etc.
* Develop property specific multi-year capital improvement project plans; Manage the process to complete the projects
* Undergraduate or Masters Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field preferred with a minimum 6-8 years direct supervision of a facilities organization 50 FTE within the industrial or manufacturing environment, experience within the logistics environment is a plus.
* Knowledge of conveyance, high speed Sortation systems or Industrial Automation is preferred
* Experience in managing MHE, Controls and PIT operations
* Demonstrated experience in managing 24x7 operations in a fast paced, high pressure work environment
* Superior client relationship management skills
* Experience in root cause analysis including 5 Whys, Fishbone, FMEA or equivalent.
* Lean or Six Sigma understanding.
* Demonstrated negotiation skills
* Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints
* Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation
* Basic understanding of commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods
* Familiarity with and understanding of building systems
* Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision
* Excellent prioritization and conflict resolution
* Proficient in MS Office, and possess strong written, verbal and people skills
* Strong organizational skills and collaborative management style needed
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.