Sr. Pre-Press Technician 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Auto req ID
Sr. Pre-Press Technician
Regular / Temporary:
Full-Time / Part-Time:
Overall Job Summary
Prepares art and copy to create production ready files for various commercial printing processes for material to be screen printed or digitally imaged based on job requirements, customer specifications, brand alignment and other job information. Operates computer and other peripheral equipment to complete job assignments by performing the following duties personally.
* Color perception, must be able to analyze and determine pass / fail against a target, across a range of established parameters.
* Produce artwork per standard work quickly and efficiently. Multi-tasking ability a must. Will be interrupted with rush work at times.
* Work within Adobe Creative Suite, pdf editing and workflow software in a high volume but quality driven shop.
* Working knowledge of print industry terminology including imposition, trapping, preflight, lpi, dpi, ppi, resolution.
* Comfortable working in multiple color spaces including, RGB, CMYK, Lab.
* Advanced knowledge of control (spot) colors, including building spot channels within process artwork and converting between color modes as needed.
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and dielines, including when and why knockouts are required.
* Understanding of strengths and limits of pixel vs. vector artwork, including when each is preferred.
* Must be able to follow instructions to the letter, yet aware enough to ask questions if issues are presented in the flow of information and files.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations
* Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds professionally to questions.
* Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Quality - Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction
* Ability to work overtime as required
Qualifications / Requirements
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Previous experience in Litho or Packaging prepress preferred
Expert at Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age or disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the HR Service Center at 412-442-8295 or HRService@matw.com. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled