Sr Program Manager, Philadelphia, Denver or Atlanta, preferred 10/12/2017
ARRIS Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM MANAGER---OSP CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
The purpose of this position is project manage all phases of OSP construction projects in a manner consistent with policies, procedures, quality work standards, customer needs, and applicable local, state and federal regulations. The Construction Project Manager will report on the status of construction projects and serve as the primary point of contact for the customer, vendors, project personnel, local and state government agencies and utility companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project assignments will include short and long term construction projects with associated timelines or multi phased schedules, including dark fiber, residential and multi dwelling projects, aerial and trench, commercial construction, forced relocations, node splits, upgrades, etc. as well as Serviceabilitys, small plant extensions, cable replacements, building rewires, pole replacement, plant repairs, power supply replacements/upgrades, etc.
Demonstrates competence in all areas of fiber construction, cable plant with advanced specialized knowledge.
Knowledge of how to coordinate and prepare field serviceability and site survey requests including cost estimates and submission of estimate to payer for reimbursement if applicable.
Preparation and completion of various construction related paperwork and permits. This may include: interstate crossing permits, railroad crossing permits, pole attachment permits, strand map information, system designs, and purchase authorizations, in addition to various weekly and monthly construction reports.
Populate and submit easements and obtain right-of-way agreements as applicable with system new build or rebuild.
Report and track budgeting and accounting of actual material and labor spending against Project Authorizations and ensure accuracy of and approval of contractor invoices.
Act as SPOC for partners, design centers, various sales associates, building owners, developers, local and state municipalities regarding projects.
Prepares and completes any necessary weekly/monthly and field operation reports.
Works with customer operations and ARRIS engineering regarding system acceptance guidelines and associated paperwork.
Track, report, and submit vendor invoices for materials and approved construction extensions.
Coordinate and track the construction activity with the partner/contractor, ensuring all construction specifications, and safety guidelines are adhered to.
Supports sales at pre-construction and planning meetings.
Report and track all site inspections and QC adherence
* 7 years of Project Management experience in fiber plant or CATV Construction
* Highschool Diploma or GED
* Strong computer skills on Microsoft Office
* Ability to travel up to 50%
Preffered and Additional Qualifications:
* Individuals should have at least 7-10 years of relevant field project management experience with fiber plant and CATV construction, service or plant maintenance, understanding of outside cable plant, basic mathematics, and city/county map reading.
* Must have strong computer skills (MS Excel, Outlook, Word).
* Familiarity with aerial and underground engineering/construction.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
* Ability to organize and control inventories.
* Must possess a valid driver's license with good driving record.
* Bilingual, preferred
* High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required.
* Preferred 2 year Associate degree in electronics or related discipline.
* This position involves both field and office work. Must be able to work in various weather conditions, which could be extreme hot or cold conditions.
* Required to drive company vehicle and may drive for long periods of time.
* Travel up to 50%
Position has extensive contact with construction and technical personnel, including contractors, customers and general public.