Sr QA Engineer - Plano, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/7/2017
ARRIS Group, Inc.
ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect with each other and with their favorite content. The Companys vision and expertise continue to drive the industrys innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world.
The ARRIS DSL System Integration and Test (SI&T) group oversees the qualification of DSL CPE products. This position holder will be part of a team that tests ARRIS DSL Customer Premise equipment (CPE) involving various technologies like xDSL, VoIP and Wi-Fi standards.
Responsibilities of the position holder include:
* Design and setup test beds and test automation infrastructure to exercise and test access networks based on customer and ARRIS test plans.
* Build new automation framework to allow software engineers and test engineers to create test cases, write test scripts and execute tests.
* Understanding of product requirement documents (PRD), engineering requirement specifications (ERS), customer lab, production scenarios and creating new feature test cases in a test management system.
* Troubleshoot issues discovered in customer labs, logging defects in ARRIS defect tracking system and assisting internal teams in debugging issues reported by the customers.
* Ensuring all test activities meet customer defined processes and deadlines.
* Expert working knowledge with packet capture tools such as Wireshark.
* Expert understanding of Networking concepts and protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and DHCP
* Hands on experience with test tools like Spirent Test Center, Shenick Diversifye and Ixia veriwave.
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple assignments in a dynamic environment.
* Candidate has to be self-driven and highly motivated.
GOOD TO HAVE:
* Any networking certifications such as CCNA, CCNP.
* Working knowledge and familiarity with shell, batch and Python scripting.
* Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA.
* Working knowledge of Wi-Fi standards.