Intermediate Safety/EHS Specialist (Sales & Service) 10/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Develops and implements Tennant Sales and Service Company (TSSC) Safety, Environmental, Security, and Hazmat programs based on corporate guidelines. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations that apply to TSSC while also performing EHS audits and assessments in order to prevent environmental, safety and hazmat related incidents. Reports back to Corporate EHS issues or concerns that require corporate assistance.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
* Works with TSSC management to implement Tennant EHS requirements
* Using Corporate policies/procedures as guidelines, customizes business policies/procedures to meet applicable requirements
* Customize/develop EHS trainings based on corporate guidelines
* Performs EHS trainings as needed to applicable employees
* Customize/develop toolkits to streamline EHS processes
* Conducts applicable environmental regulatory permitting, reporting and other day-to-day activities (i.e. recordkeeping, waste pick-ups, sampling)
* Implements and conducts EHS audits to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Tennant standards
* Performs various assessments (i.e. hazard assessment, ergonomic assessments, etc.)
* Tracking, reporting and communicating EHS metrics to TSSC leadership
* Communicates results up to Corporate EHS
* Conducts incident and injury reviews
* Ensures closure of action items deemed necessary from near-miss, incident, or injury reviews
* Manages facility emergency response programs
* Assists with various applicable security needs and ensures security programs align with corporate strategies
* Fosters relationship with applicable regulatory agencies
* Communicating to Corporate EHS department applicable regulatory changes that may affect corporate strategies
* Responsible for TSSC Safety Data Sheet program and compliance
Bachelor s degree in safety, chemistry, biology, or related technical fields PLUS 5+ years of experience dealing with safety, environmental and Hazmat issues preferably within an industrial or regulatory setting.
10+ years of experience in a manufacturing or similar environment with experience in managing or handling safety/environmental issues.
* Working knowledge of safety, environmental and hazardous materials regulations/procedures.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills. * Strong organization skills. * Risk assessment and problem-solving skills. * Strong computer skills. * Some overnight travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.