Sr Software Category Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/31/2018
ARRIS Group, Inc.
Reporting to the Category Lead, the Software Category Manager is accountable for the development and execution of Global Software category procurement strategies. The Category Manager will strive towards effectively building and managing relationships with key category vendors and business stakeholders. The Category Manager will also assist in ensuring that appropriate accountability exists within the managed category and performance is tracked rigorously.
The Software Category Manager may be responsible for:
- Deep and current understanding of global Software supply/commodity markets and leveraging Sourcing methodologies to drive Software category strategies
- Responsible for end to end management of the assigned category, including category strategy, category planning, key projects, category process and policies and managing spend and savings targets for the category
- Driving negotiation and execution of Software Licensing Agreements for software purchases, license compliance and ongoing license management.
- Align with global business leaders on key requirements and develop global Software category strategies to drive and support functional and business needs
- Responsible for leveraging supplier relationships to drive spend efficiencies for the assigned category.
- Responsible for supplier relationship management and global coordination
- Responsible for monitoring the quality and service from key global suppliers, in order to support business operations effectively
- Accountable for global category spend savings targets and objectives
- Lead global category supplier relationships and sourcing opportunities, including bidding methodologies and strategic negotiations
- Execute global and/or local strategies, working towards the development and management of a strategic sourcing pipeline
- Accountable for key supplier agreements, ensuring efficient and valid terms and conditions across supply chain, with particular focus in purchasing, strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, competitive price analysis, supplier relationship management and performance management.
- Understanding of end to end 3rd party commercial software processes
- Deep expertise in the Software category, understanding of current market conditions demonstrated ability to drive savings using different category strategies
- Experience working with Cloud driven opportunities and virtualized environments
- Experience managing and leading a team of category or sourcing specialists
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
- Effective written and oral communications
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong understanding of the industry is desirable
- Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation
- Software Engineering background a plus
- Hardware/Commodity procurement experience less desirable
- Share SME knowledge across business units and support cross Business Unit activities
Bachelor's Degree and 10 years applicable experience
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.