Sr SQL Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 12/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "Top 40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Under broad direction, this position is responsible for the production, testing, performance tuning and maintenance of more complex corporate databases. Incumbent participates in database architecture design process and contributes to the implementation, administration, monitoring, backup, migration and support of database systems. Typically requires a Bachelor's level degree in a related field and 5 plus years related work experience.
* Responsible for the production, testing, and maintenance of more complex corporate databases.
* Leads and directs junior level Database Administrators
* Ensures that required databases are installed, maintained, and available for use.
* Responsible for Controlling access permissions and privileges.
* Responsible for analyzing and sustaining capacity and performance requirements
* Responsible for Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans; ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
* Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system.
* Works with the team to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
* Proactively monitors the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
* Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades; Install and test upgrades and patches
* Provide 24x7 on call support as needed for database issues.
* Responsible for problem escalation to RDBMS vendor and third party support as appropriate.
* Responsible for evaluating and recommend new database technologies
* Responsible for providing trend analysis to management to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource allocation.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field
* 5 plus years database experience
* Experience managing Oracle Real Application Clusters and SQL Server Clusters
* 2-5 years experience leading database team
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.