Sr. Test & Reliability Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Power Tools division at Snap-on Incorporated is seeking a Test and Reliability Engineer at the Kenosha, Wisconsin Headquarters. The primary responsibility will be devising, implementing, conducting, and reporting complex mechanical and electrical/electronic reliability and performance tests for pneumatic and cordless power tools. This position supports development of effective product specifications, and will participate in root cause and corrective action activity related to reliability.
* Participate in design/development process.
* Contribute to comprehensive product specifications.
* Devise, implement, conduct, and report design and reliability test protocols, including test equipment, fixturing, and controls.
* Provide for dimensional and other quality related product/component metrology.
* Support competitive benchmarking via laboratory test and measurement.
* Provide results analyses and reports.
* Track and report reliability (failure rate) and warranty performance. Detailed analyses of specific individual tool failure rates and patterns. Work with Repair Centers as new failure modes discovered and improvements evaluated.
* BSME/BSEE; Masters Preferred
* 5+ years experience in mechanical, electromechanical, or electronic product design, development, or manufacturing; reliability and performance test background desired.
* Experienced in data acquisition techniques and equipment - vibration, thermal, flow, electrical, electronic hardware and software.
* Strong, demonstrated data analyses skills, and concise and accurate technical report writing.
* The following individual characteristics:
* Strong and broad technical skills
* Detail oriented
* Good communication skills
* Flexibility and adaptability
* The following competencies:
* Technical problem solving
* Project Management Skills
* Engineering analysis and statistical methods
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran