SRA / Scientist, In Vivo 10/8/2017
South San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Principia Biopharma is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in discovery and development of novel small molecule therapeutics in the areas of oncology and autoimmune diseases. As such, Principia Biopharma is comprised of a team of exceptionally talented scientists and business leaders. Our employees experience transparent communication, and the sharing of ideas in an environment of mutual respect. We re seeking confident individuals who thrive in a culture of diversity, empowerment and accountability.
- Expertise in in vivo pharmacology with the ability to design, coordinate, and execute PK and PK/PD studies to evaluate novel therapies
- Hands-on experience with in vivo models including all routes of dosing and tissue collection
- Strong background in ex vivo analysis of tissue and plasma samples
- Experience with assay development and optimization of electrophoresis, western blot, RT-PCR, and ELISA-based platforms
- Performs experiments using sound scientific methods; consults with other research staff to refine or adapt methodology to fit research requirements.
- Identifies moderately complex obstacles to progress and recommends solutions (troubleshoots) using a limited set of resources; identifies and recommends creative methodologies to research efforts.
- Interest in thinking creatively and implementing innovative technologies
- Familiarity with IACUC protocols and regulations involved with in vivo work
- May be responsible for writing protocols, reports and appropriate sections of IND submissions
- Dedication to working in a team-oriented environment to contribute to shared project and organizational goals
- Impeccable organizational and record-keeping skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present data to project teams
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced drug discovery environment with enthusiasm and persistence regardless of challenges
- Foster an environment of continuing education/training through attendance at local and national AALAC courses, conferences
- Adheres to and monitors local, state and federal regulations for the protection of animals, safety and environmental provisions, controlled substances, as well as quality management systems' regulations.
- Interacts with the Veterinary Consultant; member of the IACUC.
- Orders animals, verifies, tracks and reports animal usage numbers.
- May participate in audits of new vendor and/or CRO facilities prior to usage.