1st shift General Labor MH department
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Universal Forest Products
* Minimum 6th grade education or equivalent.
* No minimum experience is required, but manufacturing or lumber experience is preferred.
* Working knowledge of basic math.
Skills and abilities
* Ability to work in a safe manner
* Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
* Ability to correctly read a tape measure and moisture meter
* Ability to understand basic math and numbers
* Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
* Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools and other equipment as required
* Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
* Ability to pay attention to surroundings
* Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
* Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
* Ability to work under immediate supervision
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management
* Safety conscious
* Team player and goal oriented
* Open to change and positive attitude
* Committed to plant and company goals
* Participates in Safety and CI programs
* Punctual and reliable
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
* Moves and secures lumber products and other materials according to instructions.
* Stacks finish products according to predetermine bundle sizes and/or customer requirements.
* Labels material based on type, size and count, and following specifications.
* Applies individual tags to material before/after treating/production
* Uses a staple gun and troubleshoots equipment.
* Bands, bundles and secures material, including attaching corner protectors and loading sticks.
* Follows instructions for stacking material properly and according to company policy and customer requirements
* Ensures correct quantities and material are strapped, labeled before leaving the work area
* Maintains accurate inventory of tags and reports any problems or discrepancies to supervisor
* Records production on production sheets
* Maintains work area clean and organized
* Assist other work areas moving material, loading and unloading material carts
* Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
* Performs other duties as required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled