1st Shift Manufacturing Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/25/2018
Costa Mesa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTION1st Shift: 5:00AM - 1:30PM Monday through Friday
This position is responsible for the safe manufacturing of medical interconnect systems for physiological monitoring. The Manufacturing Associate will work with other Associates, Molders, and Cell Champions to support all activities related to Manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Other duties may be assigned
* Responsible for performing varied and general tasks involved in manufacturing process. These tasks include, but are not limited to; basic manufacture, assembly, operation of basic hand tools and operation of assigned production/manufacturing.
* Must be able to work in a bench-top assembly environment using a variety of manufacturing equipment while prepping, stripping, tinning, crimping and soldering of medical cables.
* Responsible for labeling the cables, packaging and in-process testing.
* Must be able to work in a lean 5S environment.
* Accurately record process documentation.
* Must be able to interpret, read and follow all work instructions and engineering drawings.
* Must comply with all safety requirements including; manufacturing practices and procedures, standard operating procedures and manufacturing documentation.
Education and/or experience:
* Basic measurement skills using a variety of hand tools and electronic equipment such as rulers, scales, micrometers, calipers and similar items.
* Must pose aptitude to do electronic assembly. Perform a variety of duties, routine and repetitive.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced work environment while performing manufacturing duties.
* Excellent hand and eye coordination is a must.
* Excellent attendance and a positive attitude is a must.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Good written and oral communication skills; must have the ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing and in person.
* MUST be able to read and review ALL Work Instructions and interpret instructions for Manufacturing.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Good analytical skills including the ability to identify potential problems. Capable of both communicating and understanding the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to occasionally push, pull lift, and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.