This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 3/31/2018
Arcadis U.S. Inc
White Plains, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob description
ARCADIS is seeking a Staff Architect, with 4 to 7 years experience, to join our Water Division team out of the New York City / Westchester area in our White Plains NY offices.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual, to join our team and with the support of a nationally recognized technical staff from one of the best-qualified consulting firms in the country. The Staff. Architect will get involved in commercial, industrial and municipal water / wastewater infrastructure design and construction projects around in the tristate area and nationally. They will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge in developing design projects, coordinating with other disciplines and sub-consultants and interact with various stakeholders.
Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Conceptual Design, Design Development and Construction Documentation of projects.
* Conceptual Design and Design Development responsibilities will include renderings, material research, code research and site/field visits.
* Uses both their oral and written communication skills to effectively progress projects with other disciplines and other stakeholders.
* Construction Administration or DSDC responsibilities will include obtaining field information related to the answering of correspondence, RFI's and review of shop drawings.
* Other duties as assigned.
* A minimum of 4 years experience.
* Bachelors degree in Architecture.
* Knowledge of with masonry, concrete and steel construction design and detailing in municipal and industrial environments.
* Excellent Client Management and overall communication skills with strong leadership experience.
* Proficiency with Primavera and/or MS Project and the MS Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* AutoCAD and Revit experience and proficiency.
* 3D Max and Photoshop experience.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineWater, perhaps the world s most critical resource, can both sustain and destroy. As a global top five player in water services, we focus on the entire water cycle from source to tap and back again while also managing rivers and coastal zones, urban and rural water, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels. Join our specialist teams of engineers, scientists and consultants and be uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water technology that is built to withstand and support the demands of a rapidly changing world.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.