Staff Auditor 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HollyFrontier Corporation in Dallas, TX is seeking a Staff Auditor who will conduct routine auditing assignments for the Internal Audit department under a moderate level of supervision.
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR INTERNATIONAL RELOCATION PROGRAM BENEFITS.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
* Conducts routine financial and operational risk-based audits and review of internal controls of the Company s operations
* Performs routine audit fieldwork testing
* Develops recommendations for audit findings, focusing on strengthening internal controls, quality and efficiency
* Assists with documentation and testing of internal controls over financial reporting for the Company s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts
* Maintains documentation of process-related controls, including flowcharts and matrices
* Monitors testing results of process controls, and provides feedback to management
* Provides informal guidance to junior team members within the department
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of 2 years of relevant job experience required.
A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
Concentration in accounting or finance preferred. CPA or CIA designation is preferred.
Ability to perform routine-to-moderate financial analysis. Working knowledge of Microsoft products; experience with financial software preferred. Expanded conceptual knowledge of The International Professional Practices Framework of The Institute of Internal Auditors, generally accepted accounting principles, and finance concepts and procedures. The ability to effectively communicate / explain complex information to others in a straightforward manner (both written and verbal); intermediate level reading and writing skills; the ability to perform routine-to-moderate- level mathematical calculations; and strong interpersonal skills.
Office based with travel up to 35% by land and air required. Petroleum refinery environment, warehouse / plant environments, and out-of-doors including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, and rotating equipment. Subject to all temperatures, weather, and varying road conditions. May be required to work long hours, not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays.
Job conditions require walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, ability to perceive colors differences, climbing up to 40 feet, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver s license and proof of insurance required. Job conditions may require standing, and the ability to wear personal protective equipment in emergency situations (beards not permitted).
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; we care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
* Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
* Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
* Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
* Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
* Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
* Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
ABOUT HOLLYFRONTIER CORPORATION
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000 bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally inthe Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc., whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products and owns a 37% interest (including a 2% general partner interest) in Holly Energy Partners, L.P.
Join HollyFrontier Corporation where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HOLLYFRONTIER CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER PROHIBITED GROUND OF DISCRIMINATION.