Staff Civil Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/21/2017
END DATE 5/24/2017
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Fort Knox, KY
JOB DESCRIPTIONEngineer Facility Manager (EFM)
Serves as the Engineer Facility Manager (EFM) of a remote Research, Development, Testing, and Evaluating (RDT&E) training facility. Responsible for scheduling, maintenance, construction, safety and security of facility/training areas as they pertain to associated Department of Defense (DoD) agencies. Oversee the accountability of real property, supplies, and equipment. May be called on to serve as the point of contact with associated organizations to establish doctrine, tactics, and techniques to perform various RDT&E efforts. Assist in planning and coordinating units with Military/Commercial RDT&E operations and other training events. Coordinates training support agreements with local military, medical facilities, and government officials. Enforces fire prevention and protection, safety, environmental and security programs.
- Advises the Facility Manager and staff on all matters relevant to requirements for facilities upgrades and control of existing facilities to meet present and evolving requirements. Advises staff on all matters pertaining to utilization, scheduling, construction, safety, and security of the facilities, related equipment, and supplies.
- Assist in developing short and long range plans for facilities, equipment and supplies to support current and future efforts.
- Advises on the design, budget, supervision, and construction of training devices and special equipment buildings. Reviews and analyzes all requirements relating to buildings, grounds, equipment, and supplies to obtain optimum efficiencies in utilization and life cycle replacement(s).
- Participates in the formulation, coordination, and execution of plans, policies, and programs necessary for RDT&E training support and services for activities within the organization.
- Advises in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) to conform to the policies of the DoD, state, and federal agencies to support operations, training, and installation use.
- Assists in reviewing/writing supplemental regulations and other correspondence, reports, staff studies, and policies utilizing technical knowledge applicable to the subject area.
- Responsible for coordinating and assisting in briefing joint service units on security, logistical planning, budget preparation and user requirements when using command assets for RDT&E and training & exercises.
- Advises the facility manager on all matters pertaining to safe operations and conduct of high risk hazardous training on multi-faceted range complexes and tunnels, as well as other locations both on and off-post.
- Responsible for updating and constructing safety devices related to environmental safety and fire prevention.
- Assist/advises in the instruction, work, inspection schedules, quality standards, reviews, and inspection reports to assure that production and quality standards are achieved.
- Assist and coordinates work operations as required with other supervisors and contractors as directed by the Facility Manager with other command elements, and provides for employee training and schooling to meet the facilities support requirements.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets regulations and disseminates information and/or guidance on new or changed administrative policies and procedures.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain valid license to operate vehicles ranging from pick-up, to 5 ton truck, Semi (18 wheeler).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required license/certifications to operate heavy equipment , fork lift/extend lift (10k), up to and include D-6 Bulldozer, road grader, front-end loader/backhoe, and various underground forklifts (up to 32k lifts).
- Required to travel and remain at distant facilities for extended periods and subject to exceptional standards of personal reliability and personal discretion.
- Must able to travel CONUS and OCONUS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with SCI access. - Subject to urinalysis testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.