Staff Engineer, RFIC Design 10/12/2017
Arlington Heights, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation, a Murata company, is the founder of RF silicon on insulator (SOI) and is a leading fabless provider of high-performance, integrated RF solutions. Since 1988 Peregrine and its founding team have been perfecting UltraCMOS technology - a patented, advanced form of SOI - to deliver the performance edge needed to solve the RF market's biggest challenges, such as linearity. With products that deliver best-in-class performance and monolithic integration, Peregrine's product portfolio is the trusted choice for market leaders in automotive, broadband, industrial, Internet of Things, military, mobile devices, smartphones, space, test-and-measurement equipment and wireless infrastructure. For more information, visit http://www.psemi.com.
The Company s unique technology and potential for professional advancement make this an excellent career opportunity for innovative and goal-oriented individuals.
Design of RF switch products for cellular handset applications. Product line includes high performance; low cost, high volume multi-throw RF switches in both packaged and die form. The candidate will support products during the entire product life cycle from product definition through product release to end-of-life. As part of a cross-functional product development team the candidate will support other essential disciplines including marketing and applications, project management, characterization, production and test engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
* Product Definition: Assist Marketing in defining new products through feasibility studies and technical competitive analyses.
* Product Design and Evaluation: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation, Package Analysis, Evaluation Board Design, Design Validation.
* Product Documentation: Document all relevant product and design information to educate others on novel design techniques and provide guidance on product usage.
* Product Characterization: Work with Characterization and Test Engineers to define, conduct and analyze data from product performance characterization.
* Production ATE Development: Work with Test Engineers to define, develop and ramp production ATE solutions.
* Product Support: Work with Applications, Product, Test and Manufacturing Engineers to help answer customer questions, assess field failures, support yield improvements, etc.
* Technology Development: work with Technologists to define the technology roadmap, addressing the performance and functional requirements of the product roadmap.
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and competencies:
* Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
* Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information
* Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
* Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
* Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions: Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
* Strength in documentation clarity and completeness
* Ability to clearly assess and manage risk
* Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product requirements on schedule
Minimum Education and Experience:
* MSEE or equivalent degree
* 6 years of RF/analog IC product development with strong technical skills including:
* CMOS IC design for commercial applications - bulk and/or SOI processes
* RF IC design switches, power amplifiers, mixers, PLLs, etc.
* Analog IC design - bandgap voltage references, low-drop out voltage regulators, operational amplifiers etc.
* Understanding of non-linear effects in transistors
* Knowledge of IC fabrication and how this impacts circuit performance.
* Familiarity with analog & RF IC layout techniques
* Hands on use of RF measurement equipment to validate performance
* Software tools: Cadence, ADS, HFSS, Momentum, Matlab, JMP, MS Project, Datapower, National Instruments CVI
Peregrine Semiconductor supports a diverse workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Peregrine does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver s license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or veteran status (including protected veterans under applicable affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws applicable to the Company. Peregrine also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Note: The Peregrine name, logo and UltraCMOS are registered trademarks, and HaRP is a trademark of Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Peregrine products are protected under one or more of the following U.S. Patents: http://patents.psemi.com.