Staff Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/21/2017
END DATE 6/17/2017
ARRIS Group, Inc.
ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect with each other and with their favorite content. The Companys vision and expertise continue to drive the industrys innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world.
With a strong foundation in field-proven device and network monitoring, management, and analytic technologies, ARRIS Service Assurance product portfolio allows service providers to provide an optimum end user broadband experience with solutions for carrier operations, help desk, and subscriber self-help. Our software engineering teams mission is to be a highly adaptable product delivery organization that is reliable, efficient, that fosters innovation and emphasizes continuous learning and improvement. The work environment is tailored to software engineers working in an Agile environment.
As a Staff Software Engineer at ARRIS you will work with a variety of technologies and will work with cutting edge products. You will analyze, develop, design, and maintain software for ARRIS products and systems. Responsibilities include:
* Designing and developing software features that solve market problems within project schedule deadlines
* Ensuring quality of the system through comprehensive unit testing and collaborating with quality assurance engineers to enable thorough system testing
* Reviewing work of peers and provide constructive feedback to improve quality and develop peers
* Working with product management to clarify requirements and review software design proposals to meet market needs
* Contribute to organization culture, disciplines, process & tools
* Creating work breakdown and estimates for new projects.
Expertise building and evolving scalable, high-performance enterprise web applications
Proficiency in full stack Java development.
Experience in software development in a Unix/Linux applications environment
Proficient in multithreaded application development using Java and scripting languages
Experience with Web Services and related protocols. (XML, REST, JSON)
Experience with Spring framework development
Web application development using Angular, React, Node or similar script frameworks highly desired
Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra
Experience with network programming, including sockets, TCP/IP, UDP and related networking protocols
Experience in an Agile software development life cycle methodology.
Exposure to DevOps style of product implementation and delivery.
Experience in deployment of web applications to a cloud platform.
Familiarity with the following protocols and technologies beneficial
o Database Management Oracle, Postgres, SQL
o Broadband Standards such as TR-069, TR-098, TR-104
o Working Knowledge of SNMP
BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a similar degree program
* Requires 5 years of work experience
* Self-starter and proactive problem solver with strong troubleshooting ability
* Prior experience in Lean/Agile development experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.