Stationary Engineer - Part Time - Lake Forest
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/14/2018
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Lake Forest, IL
* Coordinates between various parties such as clinical staff, engineers, and technical staff for facilities management services.
* Observes meters, gauges and fuel levels to determine operating conditions of equipment / systems and regulates the performance within established standards.
* Performs preventative and general service on various pieces of industrial / commercial equipment and mechanical equipment / systems.
* Takes chemical readings of boilers, air conditioning systems, pools and related waters; adjusts or changes concentrated levels accordingly.
* Performs preventative maintenance and emergency repairs on commercial sterilizer and heavy duty industrial type equipment.
* Troubleshoots, repairs, and restores malfunctioning mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
* Performs maintenance on hospital equipment such as desks, tables, TV s, nurse call, kitchen, laundry, chairs, patient beds, wheel chairs, stretchers and walkers.
* Identifies and reports safety and fire hazards in accordance with NFPA 99 and 101 regulations.
* Repairs interior and exterior surfaces of the building including minor roof repairs.
* Monitors and operates electrical and mechanical building automation system (BAS).
* Works with others in department on P.M.'s, Electrical/Refrigeration/Painting projects, general maintenance and emergency repairs.
* Works on a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) that includes data entry and entering routine work tickets.
* On accession will perform primary security functions as defined in Security Officer job description
* Stationary Engineering License (or within three months of hiring)
* Three or more years of progressively responsible engineering experience in similar building environment which includes general certifications and training on HVAC / mechanical equipment.
* Strong verbal skills and a customer-oriented attitude.
* Familiar with MS Office, strong computer skills, data entry
* Certified Pool Operators License
* CPI Certified
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.