Sterile Supply Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/17/2017
Bowling Green, KY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00037-61553
Long established as an important part of Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint Commission- accredited, 211 bed hospital located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopedics program featuring Blue Distinction designation for hip and knee replacement.
The Sterile Processing Technician is an individual who, after comprehensive training, is qualified to prepare sterile supplies from decontamination, assembling, packaging, sterilization and storage of instruments, stock supplies and prepares equipment for use in surgery and other areas of the hospital. The Sterile Processing Technician supports the hospital mission, values and visions.
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies, instruments and equipment. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
* Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
* Prepares instruments and supplies through cleaning, packing, sterilizing and storing procedures.
* Understands principles of sterilization techniques and operates sterilization equipment.
* Decontamination of instruments, assembly, and set up of instruments and instrument trays
* Able to work quickly and efficiently to turn and process instrumentation when dictated by surgery schedule
* Anticipates instrument/equipment needs of surgery schedule
* Assists in departmental cost containment efforts.
* Performs equipment distribution and routing cleaning and maintenance.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* Orients and mentors new staff members and students.
* At least one year of sterilization and instrumentation experience preferred
* Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and lifting of 50 lbs.
Last Edited: 11/15/2017