Stock & Receiving Associates
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/25/2017
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
WHO WE RE LOOKING FOR
We are currently seeking part-time seasonal Stock & Receiving Associates.
You must be willing to work Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. All positions require that you be available to work all shifts, to include an opening, mid-shift and closing shifts on any of these days. Work schedules will vary from week to week.
This position will be responsible for:
* Processing incoming stock shipments in a safe and orderly fashion. Maintain stockroom standards for merchandise placement, cleanliness and safety.
* Maintaining stock on the retail sales floor. Monitor stock levels on an on-going basis and fill in as necessary.
* Taking initiative to increase knowledge of total store products and services. Is knowledgeable of upcoming events and AG news, and actively informs customer
* Assisting in the assessment of stock levels and needs. Process special requests for additional stock as communicated by retail partners.
* Assisting in the general execution of the retail and restaurant business. Perform special projects as requested.
Experience, Education & Skills
* Must be willing to work Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays; including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Prior experience in material handling, shipping, receiving, retail or warehouse stock handling is preferred. Successful candidates would have high energy, organizational skills, flexibility, and a positive attitude.
* Strength, mobility and dexterity needed. You must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., reach, climb, and pull merchandise from various heights and locations in the stockroom and move it to the appropriate position.
* Possess the ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to the pace of the business and its needs.
ABOUT AMERICAN GIRL
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com ), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, experiences, and entertainment to empower and unite girls of all ages. Best-selling lines include Truly Me , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , WellieWishers , and the classic historical character line BeForever . American Girl s mission is to help build girls of strong character a goal that has already earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of their parents and educators. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores nationwide. Select American Girl product is also sold via Toys R Us. Outside of the U.S, American Girl products are sold at specialty boutiques with Indigo and Chapters in Canada and with El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico City. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com , www.facebook.com/americangirl, or www.twitter.com/american_girl .
Please apply online at www.americangirl.com
Connect with us on Facebook at American Girl Careers!
Affirmative Action Employer