Stormwater/ Transportation Project Engineer 9/19/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job description
The Infrastructure Business Line of Arcadis is looking for Stormwater/ Transportation Project Engineer to join our growing transportation engineering group in Tennessee.
This position requires attention to detail, exceptional organization skills, strong work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, team-oriented, and flexible, possessing the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly. This position may be open to working remotely.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Engineering design for numerous roadway drainage projects including collector streets, urban arterials, rural and urban expressways, interstates and bridge replacements.
* Prepare construction plans and project displays
* Assist in all aspect of roadway drainage design including bridge hydraulic studies, culvert design, closed drainage system design, post construction water quality structures design and erosion and sedimentation control.
* Prepare cost estimates, reports and technical memos
* Utilize various CAD, GIS and design software to assist in design and preparation of construction plans.
* 8+ years of drainage design and project management skills.
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering
* Professional Engineer with the ability to obtain GA license within 12 months.
* Knowledge of stormwater design including conveyance systems and stormwater treatment using appropriate BMPs suitable for linear nature of transportation projects (MS4 Water Quality)
* In depth understanding of Bridge Hydraulics Analysis.
* Use of various software platforms including Haestad Software s (StormCAD, CulvertMaster, FlowMaster, PondPack) TR-55, HEC-RAS, HEC-MS, HY-22, ICPR and SWMM.
* Candidate must possess good communication (written and verbal) and team work skills and possess the flexibility to complete a wide range of tasks' including field work.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineTransportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow today.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.