Summer Intern - Embedded Software 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Candidates for this position are software engineering students who want real-world development experience on products being delivered to our customers.You will be involved in the development of software for one or more projects involving our Software Defined Radio (SDR) or custom RF communication system. You will be part of a small (1-6 person), multi-disciplinary team that has full responsibility for product development from requirements gathering to final product delivery. You may be involved in all areas of development (i.e. requirements analysis, high and low level design, coding, documentation, and testing and validation). Our products are developed to very high standards of quality and reliability and you will have the opportunity to learn the department s software process during all development activities.
* Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related engineering degree
* Candidate graduation date must occur between December 2018 and June 2019
* Candidate must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract. (See note below)
* You should be skilled in Java, C, C++, or Dalvik. Strong preference will be given to candidates also familiar with working in a Linux development environment. Clearcase or GIT skills are also a plus.
* Ideal candidates have experience working with communications protocols, operating system internals, Linux and/or Android development, or driver development.
* This position is for embedded software work, and therefore is not a good match for developers wishing to focus on .NET, C#, Rails, or other high level application/web technologies.
* You must possess knowledge in (or an interest in) microprocessor-based hardware design. Working in a small project team, your tasks will often involve hands-on interaction with product hardware for developing and debugging.
* In this position, you will need a willingness to learn one or more wireless communication standards (e.g., GSM, UMTS,CDMA, LTE).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are important. You will present status of your progress to other team members and to management. You may also have the opportunity to interact with our customers.
* NOTE: A candidate for full-time employee in our department must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract. As an intern there will not be a need to apply for security clearance, but if an internship is converted to a full-time position, the candidate must obtain the necessary security clearance.
* Candidates with an active security clearance are encouraged to apply.
Applied Technology is a prototyping center within Motorola Solutions. We create proof-of-concept and low-volume specialty communications products for government and private industry using such technologies as GSM, GPRS, UMTS, LTE, Android, and Linux. Our customer-centric, team-based environment provides an excellent growth opportunity for engineers and developers in enterprise markets where innovation is the primary focus.
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions innovations, products and services play essential roles in people s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.