Summer Internship - IT, DQE Communications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 5/9/2018
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONDuquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Application development of new applications to support the DQE Communication Network Operations and IP Services teams.
Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and feature additions of all internally developed application platforms using programming languages such as Java, Python, and/or other scripting languages.
* Responsible for participation on one or more project teams, application development, integration, and modification activities, as well as related maintenance and support.
* Working with project team to define and design project scope.
* Developing and integrating applications per written specifications.
* Translating business and technical requirements into application modules.
* Utilizing at least one programming language or software technology.
* Aiding in the preparation and presentation of status updates for projects.
* Making modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications and industry standards.
* Developing software application modules using disciplined software development processes.
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Good technical documentation skills
* Aptitude for problem solving
* Application Development
* Gather Functional requirements and develop technical specifications
* Applicants must be currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in Computer Science, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Communications, Project Management, Organizational Behavior, or Organizational Change Management. Candidates must have completed their sophomore year of studies.
* Familiarity in one or more of the following systems:
* Scripting Languages
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.