This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/28/2017
North American Pipe Corporation
Wichita Falls, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn the U.S., our polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin is utilized by Westlake companies North American Pipe Corporation (NAPCO) and Westech Building Products. North American Pipe manufactures and sells pipe and fittings and Westech Building Products fabricates and sells products for residential and commercial construction. These products are used in projects ranging from water and sewer systems to home and commercial applications for fence, deck rail, window and door systems.
Superintendent Maintenance Location TX, Wichita Falls
Requisition Number 2661
# of openings 1
Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds and utility systems of mill, industrial plant, or other establishment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. (Some travel may be required).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
* Meets requirements of Maintenance Supervisor
* Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
* Develops preventative maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
* Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
* Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
* Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modification with design engineers.
* Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve safety issues and maintenance problems and recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, prefer experience in extrusion. 5 plus years experience in a management/supervisory role is required. Demonstrates excellent problem solving abilities, and effective management skills. Must be able to effectively communicate in a written and verbal manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Some travel may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability