Supervisor, Customer Relations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
Aliso Viejo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Life Compliance, Customer Relations Team is responsible for addressing policy holder concerns in a timely, fair, and professional manner while protecting the financial interests and integrity of Pacific Life. This work requires collaboration with a number of teams within the Company including, Corporate Law, Corporate Compliance, Client Services, New Business Services, Underwriting, Marketing, Product Design, Finance and others; and with varying roles within those teams including senior leadership. External communication and coordination with state insurance departments, independent financial professionals, sales organizations, broker dealers and policy owners, is also required.
primary functions and Responsibilities
* Lead the Customer Relations team maximizing the team s performance and professional growth through motivation, formalized goal setting, other developmental opportunities, and general support
* Responsible for work distribution, assigning cases and other work as appropriate based on the skill sets and work capacity of each associate
* Handle individual case work when appropriate based on the team s overall workload and/or case sensitivity
* Facilitate a highly collaborative team environment that engages in team solutioning and decision-making
* Responsible for the team s preparation and documentation of Pacific Life s position in addressing policy holder concerns, consulting with and presenting to Compliance Management and other management throughout the organization
* Recognize and escalate potential issues to management s attention providing suggested resolution(s) when possible
* Additional project work and responsibilities as assigned
Factors for Success
* A polished and professional demeanor with the ability to handle very sensitive situations/decisions that have high potential to significantly impact the organization
* Strong leadership abilities, including interpersonal savvy, courage, decision quality, drive engagement, develop talent and resourcefulness
* Solutions oriented within the context of a fairly matrixed role requiring the ability to network, collaborate, and build consensus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office products; experience with various user interfaces and mainframe applications a plus
* Bachelor s degree preferred
* Insurance related experience and/or customer complaint resolution experience preferred
* FINRA Series 6 required, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
* LOMA and/or other insurance designations a plus
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Competitive salary and bonus program Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) Generous vacation time and holiday pay And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.