Supervisor Terminal Operations 9/19/2017
Energy Transfer Partners
East Boston, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Energy Transfer Partners is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. In total, the Company owns and operates approximately 62,500 miles of natural gas, crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipelines, terminals, and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and refined products.
- Provide oversight for day-to-day operations at multiple liquid petroleum terminal operations involving pipeline, marine, and truck operations in East Boston, MA.
- Manage and direct workforce in daily terminal operations to include product receipts, storage and truck loading of gasoline and distillates. Lead the training of new operators and when procedures or practices are changed and/or modified.
- Responsible for expense budget oversight, Organizing, planning, controlling and directing operations and maintenance activities to ensure that product is handled in the most efficient, safe and economical manner of product distribution consistent with regulatory requirements, customer service requirements, product quality and operating goals.
- Responsible for ensuring a Safe work environment, high Quality customer service, and an environmentally compliant terminal operation.
- Manage maintenance projects. Direct the work of contractors and operators and company employees.
- Provide oversight of daily reconciliation of terminal products and additives.
- Maintain accurate inventory control, measurement & compliance. Interaction with customer and carrier drivers and act as a liaison between the business development department and customer.
- Should be familiar with petroleum terminal compliance with State, Federal and Local regulations.
- Represent the company at various functions involving State, Federal and Local agencies and qualify as the Facility Security Officer.
- Lead or participate in Safety related programs and meetings. Travel may be required for training and for special assignments.
- Available 24/7 for emergency response and operational needs.
- A Bachelor's degree or high school diploma and equivalent work experience which should include 2-5 years' leadership experience within the transportation or logistics industry.
- Solid computer skills utilizing MS Office Suites including other applications (MS Excel, required. SAP, a plus).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written).and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently establish priorities.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess exceptional leadership skills, a strong customer focus, and team-oriented.
- Must be extremely flexible and able to adapt quickly to changes resulting from an ever changing logistical environment.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and safety training skills. The ability to obtain TWIC credentials.
- Candidates with experience in dealing with complex logistical movements involving Marine, Pipeline, Truck rack and tankfield operations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications