Supplier Quality Engineer 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Supplier Quality Engineer
Novanta, Inc. - Celera Motion
Loomis - Loomis, CA 95650 US (Primary)
In this exciting and challenging role you will work for Novanta Inc. Novanta is a leading global supplier of precision photonic components and subsystems to OEM s in the Medical, Industrial and Microelectronics markets. Our highly engineered solutions include scanning and beam delivery products, medical visualization and informatics solutions, and precision motion control products. We specialize in collaborating with OEM customers to adapt our component and subsystem technologies to deliver highly differentiated performance in their most demanding applications.
The key to our success is our global team of talented, experienced and customer-focused professionals that take utmost pride in partnering with customers to deliver technology solutions that achieve the best possible results within the target applications.
The Corporate division of the Novanta, a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: NOVT). Join us and start working with our team of 1,400 employees in over 15 locations across the world. Novanta was founded in 1968, allowing us to claim nearly 50 years of experience in our areas of expertise.
Our success is driven by our global team of highly talented, experienced and customer-focused professionals. As a Novanta employee you will be part of a fast-paced, growing company that partners very closely with its customers. We focus on operational excellence, leadership, and accountability. If you are a hard-working, self-starter, who is looking to share your ideas, develop your skills, widen your experiences, and you want to make an impact in an exciting and challenging work environment, then Novanta is the workplace for you. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and exciting career opportunities.
Novanta Website: www.novanta.com
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible to drive pro-active risk reduction, quality improvements, problem resolution, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action, and facilitate continuous process improvements with assigned suppliers. This position will provide quick reaction support for Quality and Delivery related issues, plan and execute supplier audits performance reviews, as well provide regular feedback and technical support to assigned suppliers.
* Develop a strong understanding of the assigned supply base and associated manufacturing, test, inspection processes.
* Lead specific in-depth problem solving at a supplier facility, such as recurring line stoppages, customer field failures, numerous supplier escapes, observation of significant failure trends, etc.
* Evaluate supplier rejections to determine appropriate actions, and manage all phases of Supplier Corrective Actions.
* Plan and execute product and process related audits, drive preventative actions at the supplier s facility and minimize escapes to Celera Motion.
* Perform Supplier Performance Reviews and Supplier Scorecard action plans.
* Execute product verification activities with suppliers such as FAI, Acceptance Test, Qual, Environmental Test witness and Authorization to Ship.
* Identify key process control parameters/characteristics and review adequacy of Quality Control Plans
* Participate in supplier program milestone (e.g. PDR, CDR, MRR, etc) reviews for new strategic awards.
* Verify that quality data is utilized, tracked, reported, and corrective actions are taken on a routine basis within the assigned supply base.
* Coordinate closely with Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management and Program Management and Program Quality to support new strategic awards, awareness of materials critical to quality, problem resolution and internal customer support.
This position requires a blend of technical and analytical ability, strong verbal and written communication skills and a high degree of professional acumen. Job Requirements
* A Bachelor s degree is strongly preferred.
* 7+ years experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer independently.
* Relevant training or desire to obtain certification/s in Quality, such as CQE, Lead Auditor, IPC-600, IPC-610, IPC-620, Six Sigma, other applicable.
* This position requires a blend of technical and analytical ability, strong verbal and written communication skills and a high degree of professional acumen.
* Proficiency in MS Office software applications. Experience with Oracle R12 a plus but not required.
* Ability to perform root cause and corrective action.
* Good technical writing, diplomatic, factual, and excellent communication skills.
* Ability to develop strong working relationships with the suppliers and internal customers.
* Ability to interpret a drawing, SOW and other technical documentation, GD&T, as well as ability to develop an associated inspection plan/compliance matrix.
* Ability to interpret data, analytical, SPC, identify trends and develop preventative actions.
* Experience with AS9100, ISO: 9001 Quality Systems; Supplier quality requirement flow down.
Ability to travel to suppliers and support short notice trips. Travel will be high and will require regular day trips, as well as overnight travel to surrounding area estimated 75%+.
Novanta is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected federal, state/province or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.