Supply Chain Specialist/ Buyer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/9/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Procure equipment, materials, services and supplies necessary for operation of the organization and in support of prime agreements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Procure equipment, materials, services and supplies necessary for operation of the organization and in support of prime agreements.
* Compile data to determine feasibility of buying products
* Compile information from periodicals, catalogues, and other sources to keep informed on price competitiveness,
* Recommend suppliers, analyze trends, follow up on orders placed, verify delivery, approve payment, and maintain necessary records.
* Negotiate and execute simple agreements.
* Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Rudimentary understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR);
* Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel;
* Ability to multi-task;
* Ability to travel several times throughout the year to domestic and/or international locations if requested;
* Ability to work well with others;
* Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing;
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, project staff, suppliers and clients;
* Proficient interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
* Ability to work independently within scope of job description;
* Knowledge of procurement/contracts principles and terminology as well as basics of contracts administration and finance or accounting;
* Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail, to prioritize workload and follow tasks through to completion;
* Ability to obtain proper security clearances if required as noted by contracts;
* Ability to understand and negotiate procurement agreements;
* Ability to draft basic contracting terms.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.