Surgical Technician - Operating Room 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Answer your calling by bringing your surgical expertise to Saint Joseph Hospitals Operating Room!
Saint Joseph Hospital, located in downtown Denver, has been serving the Denver area for more than 140 years and is known as the largest private teaching hospital in the state of Colorado. In December of 2014, Saint Joseph Hospital opened its doors to a brand new, state-of-the-art hospital boasting 360 beds along with outdoor spaces on every floor and over 500 trees on the campus.
Our absolutely state-of-the-art OR boasts 21 surgical suites, with 2 designated for CV cases and 2 designated as hybrid rooms. Our Main OR specialties include: Bariatric, Robotics, General Surgery, Ortho, Neuro, OB-GYN and CV, including open heart cases. With over 50% of our OR staff being CNOR-certified, we pride ourselves in providing top-notch, personalized patient care. This position assists the surgical team by acting as the primary scrub person who handles the instruments, supplies and equipment during surgical procedures. Maintains constant vigilance for the maintenance of the sterile field.
* Checks supplies/instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical procedures and ensures they are working properly.
* Opens sterile supplies and sets up the table for each surgical procedure.
* Provides a sterile field for surgical procedures. Ensures that the members of the surgical team are properly attired and assists the surgeon with draping the patient to isolate the operative site.
* Assists in the maintenance of the sterile field by applying principles of aseptic techniques and informing the surgeon/surgical team of infractions.
* Passes instruments and supplies to the surgeon.
* Counts sponges and sharps with the RN prior to the surgery and before the incision is closed.
* Cleans and prepares the instruments for sterilization.
* Assists in the maintenance of specialty surgical services.
* Prepares the sterile dressing for the patients incision.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Successful completion of an accredited Operating Room/Surgical Tech program, required
* Current certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
* Two years of surgical tech experience, preferred
Qualifications CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver