Survey CAD Technician 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work(R). We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an entry level Survey CAD Technician in our Dayton, OH office.
The Survey CAD Technician will work collectively with the Phase Manager and cross-functional internal departments. This individual will create, collect, analyze and validate enterprise asset data and associated land data within the CAD, enterprise geographic information system (GIS), or other asset information storage databases. This role provides data analysis, data mining, technical support and database maintenance to meet internal and external customer requirements. Our Survey CAD Technician will have a proven ability to work with and directly interact with cross-functional internal contacts to execute the required work, interact with the client staff in a professional and proactive manner to resolve issues, track progress, perform QA work associated with the requirements, make necessary corrections, and continually manage schedule and ensure quality.
* Develop, implement, and document data management workflows, specifications and processes
* Convert data between standard spatial data formats including but not limited to AutoCAD, Esri geodatabase feature classes, Esri shapefiles
* Produce accurate and legible maps, reports or displays for various departments
* Verify map feature and attribute accuracies of the airport features
* Identify and recommend process improvements and enhancements on existing projects
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree in in Geography, CAD or related field preferred
* 2+ years of AutoCAD and GIS related experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD or Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center
* Previous utility within the Aviation or Airport industry experience is a plus
* Occasional overnight travel may be required, approximately 10%
* Able to graphically present information clearly and concisely
* Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
* Ability to provide excellent customer service
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
* Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering/Geospatial industry while also knowing they're serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our "Great Place To Work" certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.