Survey Rod Person
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
St. Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONReturning Candidate*
Log back in!
SURVEY ROD PERSON
SURVEY ROD PERSON
# of Openings
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Lochrane Engineering, an NV5 company, seeks a Survey Rod Person in Gainesville, FL.
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
This is a field survey position involving physical work and applicant must be accustomed to working in an outside environment and in or around traffic.
* Work as part of a two, three or four person survey crew perform basic surveying tasks in the field
* Be or become proficient in the use of measuring tapes, surveying rods, tripods set up and other basic surveying equipment
* Perform line cutting with machete and perform dirt excavation using a shovel to uncover surveying points or inverts of pipes or other subsurface features in order to complete topographic surveys
* Work within roadways and off roads within wooded areas and be able to walk in off road areas and across ditches or over fences
* Pursue Certified Surveying Technician classification of CST Level 1 through Lochrane s CST program
* Perform basic Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) as necessary under the MOT 1 classification
* Some out of town work and occasional night work might be necessary
* No previous surveying experience is necessary but would be an asset
* High School Diploma or equivalent GED diploma
* Basic mathematical skills including Geometry concepts understanding
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
* Must be able to lift 25 to 50 lbs. if necessary
* Must be able to work overtime and be flexible with hours (day time/night time)
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Must be accustomed to working in outside environment
* Driver's License Required
Lochrane, an NV5 Company, offers a complete and competitive benefits package
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS