JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work(R). We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Surveyor in our Ohio region Geospatial services group located in our Dayton, OH office.
The Surveyor will review, develop when necessary, scope, budget and schedule projects. Our Surveyors review data/results received from Survey Field Crews, perform survey computations, lead teams of technical staff, work with data reduction, compile backup documentation, prepare survey drawings to include Record of Survey plats, Right-of-Way (ROW) plans, and reporting. This surveyor must possess the ability to analyze problems, envision solutions and develop those solutions using current state-of -the art technology in a fast-paced ad challenging work environment. This role will primarily work in the office environment and may occasionally be required to work in the field. The Surveyor will work closely with various Project Managers within our Transportation practice and interact extensively with clients.
* Prepare proposals, scopes, fees and field files for projects
* Guide and direct land survey projects which may include: boundary, ALTA, transportation/right-of-way, topographic, utility and construction staking
* Communicate with clients and cross-functional internal groups
* Provide direction to Field Survey Crews and drafting staff
* Respond and resolve Field Survey Crew and drafting staff questions
* Review field notes, daily records and data/results received from surveying staff
* Perform survey computations, data reduction and compile documentation used for reporting and drawings
* Create survey drawings for Record of Survey plats, Right-of-Way (ROW) plans/designs
* Communicate issues effecting phase/task or project schedule, budget or quality and escalate unresolved issues to project manager and/or discipline leader
* Occasionally travel and field work may be necessary
* Bachelor's degree or (8) years related experience; MA/MS or (6) years related experience
* Must have an active OH Professional Surveyors License; registered as a professional land surveyor
* 5-10+ years of surveying experience using conventional, robotic, or related surveying equipment
* Prior experience with ODOT pre-qualification for Right-of-Way (ROW) design/review is highly preferred, qualifications include:
* Two years of experience in developing public right of way plans on projects of (20) or most parcels, including deeds, maps, plats, road records, as well as a proposed right of way plan design, right of way legal descriptions and description closure checks
* Active involvement in right of way plan development within the past (5) years
* Completion of ODOT's Right-of- way Plan Development Training Course
* Proficient use of AutoCAD 2013/2016, Microsoft office, Microstation and/or Trimble Business Center
* Exhibit working knowledge of the Public Land Survey System
* Perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence
* Proven experience providing excellent customer service
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
* Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they're serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/
Learn more about our "Great Place To Work" certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.