System Administrator, Int. (Dedicated) 9/19/2017
Fort Belvoir, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
System Administrator, Int. (Dedicated)
Under supervision, responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and mission servers, in support of business processing requirements. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Coordinates disk space planning and management. Maintains growth statistics, space forecasts, tape libraries, and software and hardware inventories. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Monitors and maintains continuity with system software licensing and maintenance agreements.
Skills and Qualifications:
The Systems Administrator will support the Government in systems administration. Primary focus may include the following:
* Proven experience with virtualized environments including VMware;
* Active Directory (AD) Organizational Unit (OU) administration;
* Experience in Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 environment that includes PowerShell scripting, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, etc.;
* Provides windows server systems administration, installation, problem isolation and resolution within a CAN/WAN environment;
* Monitor, troubleshoot and repair software and hardware issues;
* Assist in performing security, virus and IDS/IPS tasks as necessary per standards/guidelines;
* Maintain up-to-date documentation of IT procedures, system configuration standards, maintenance and upgrades;
* Knowledge of overall networking technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS);
* Maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning database management system;
* Performing backups and database recovery;
* Installing, configuring, and maintaining database management system.
Experience and Knowledge:
Knowledge of and skill in applying virtualization technologies in enterprise or enclave environments. This includes Microsoft Windows network environments using systems administration methods and procedures, software distribution tools and mechanisms, data recovery tools and techniques, principles and methods for integrating information system components, performance tuning tools and techniques, systems diagnostic tools, and fault identification techniques. Candidate s knowledge should be sufficient to:
* Monitor and troubleshoot systems availability;
* Recover data in the event of hardware or software failure;
* Ensure customers receive current versions of supported software as they become available;
* Install and maintain software and hardware;
* Control current versions and future releases of applications software, and document the physical configuration of an information system;
* Attention to Detail - Demonstrates thoroughness and contentious attention to detail;
* Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their requirements, provide information or assistance, explains the scope of available products and services, is committed to quality deliverables;
* Oral Communication - Expresses information effectively, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds professionally;
* Problem Solving - Identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, makes recommendations and resolve issues.
Education and Experience:
* High-school diploma or educational equivalent is required: Diploma from a technical or vocational school or an equivalent military/DoD training;
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred;
* Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements;
* One (1) to Five (5) or more years of progressive experience providing IT implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support in a Windows server farm environment.
Candidate must possess the following certifications in order to meet the DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Information Assurance (IA) Requirement:
Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
CompTIA, Security+ ce (Desired)
CISCO, Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA-Security)
GIAC, Security Essentials Certification: (GSEC)
ISC2, System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Higher certifications that meet IAT III requirements are also acceptable. (Must be approved and verified by management.)
Applicant must also have at least one of the following Computing Environment (CE) certifications within 180 days from his/her start date:
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Windows Server 2008 R2
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), SQL Server 2012
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Server Infrastructure
* Manual dexterity 80% to 100% of the time
* Lifting up to 25 pounds 15% of the time
* Carrying up to 25 pounds 15% of the time
* Reaching 25% of the time
* Standing 25% of the time
* Sitting 50% of the time
* Walking 25% of the time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Systems Administrator II will provide all levels of technical support in system administration for both unclassified and classified systems on a 24 hour, 7 day a week basis, as needed.
Telesis maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of the company s operations. In compliance with federal and state laws, Telesis hires, trains, and promotes all qualified employees without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, and any other legally protected status