System Software Development Manager - Multimedia 10/10/2017
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY United States-California-San Jose
Job: Software Engineering
Primary Location: Full-time
Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
Xilinx is looking for an energetic and motivated manager with multimedia experience to join a growing and innovative team at our San Jose headquarters. You will primarily be leading a team develop embedded software and tools for current and next-generation silicon multimedia hardware, providing project and technical leadership
* Lead team working on
* Develop, integrate and test Linux drivers for video codecs, video capture, processing and capture, GPUs
* Develop tools and environments to enable customers to use multimedia effectively
* Contribute to the architecture of our system software solution for multimedia
* Work with different teams and external users to identify problems and create solutions for multimedia use cases including embedded vision and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
* Expand multimedia automation and regression
* Do hands-on work with hardware and software as required
* Proficient in the design, implementation, documentation and testing of software code implementing product features and requirements
* Proficient in skills, tools and methods to advance the quality, consistency, and timeliness of Xilinx software products
* Understanding the inter-dependencies and complexities inherent in developing a highly integrated software product and performing collaboratively to strive for perfection
* Planning and delivering aligning to release milestones
Iterative Software Development and Testing
* Formalizes software specifications (if required) to ensure accurate implementation of assigned features
* Independently develops code to implement assigned features of low-moderate complexity, working with appropriate stakeholders to ensure the implementation satisfies the feature requirements
* Collaborates with the software test and applications teams to ensure adequate test coverage for assigned features
* Demonstrates expert knowledge of all business requirements for video
* Proactively engages with users to identify and deliver against new automation opportunities
* Researches and critically assesses external industry best practices as input to process re-engineering discussions
* Proactively identifies and delivers solutions that reduce development and support costs
* Capable of leading or developing a single project in its entirety #hot #jm
* MSCS or MSCE plus at least 8 years of professional experience with a range of computer systems, especially Linux, V4L, OpenMax, OpenGLES, OpenCV, graphics stacks, scripting and parsers, gstreamer, etc. (or BS 8-11) years of experience with a range of computer systems, especially Linux, V4L, OpenMax, OpenGLES, OpenCV, graphics stacks, scripting and parsers, gstreamer, etc.
* Proficiency in C/C
* Must be capable of working in a dynamic, high pressure environment.
* Possess expertise in working with multimedia in a Linux environment
* Experience using Xilinx ISE/ Vivado and Xilinx SDK tools a plus
* Capable of managing and leading teams to define goals, tracking, release deliveries, annual appraisals
Schedule: Oct 8, 2017, 7:12:09 PM
Job Posting: Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender Identity or sexual orientation. The self-identification information requested is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment.
Unposting Date: false
Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The information requested here is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment