Systems Administrator-Level 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
Criterion Systems Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Criterion Systems, Inc., we developed a different kind of business-a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. Our Offerings: *100% employee-owned private Government contractor founded in 2005. *High retention rate because we work hard at holding onto talent. *Excellent Leadership Team comprised of individuals who have successfully built and run businesses and are involved in day-to-day operations to include an open-door policy. We are as large in 2017 as we have ever been! Our employees are the most valuable assets. Are you ready to be appreciated?
Criterion Systems is seeking to hire a Systems Administrator Level 2 to support a government customer in Bethesda, MD.
* Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
* Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
* Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
* Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
* Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem.
* Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
* Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
* Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems.
* Installs/loads operating system and application software.
* Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
* Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
* Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) or have four additional years of relevant Systems Administrator or related technical experience as a substitute for the Bachelor's Degree
* 6 years relevant experience as a Systems Administrator in programs of similar scope, type, and complexity
* DoD 8570 compliant certification. Examples include: A+ CE, Network + CE, Security + CE, CISSP, etc.
* Current TS/SCI
* U.S. Citizenship
Criterion Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.