Systems Analyst I (WI)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONDate: Dec 7, 2017
Location: Schofield, WI, US, 54476
Company: Greenheck Group
Under general direction, has duties of instructing, directing, and checking the work of other systems analysis personnel. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user defined needs. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis. Responsible for quality assurance review. Acts as project leader for projects with small budgets or limited duration. Coaches and mentors other systems analysts.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Understand and document business processes. Meets with users, project leaders and management to discuss and plan guidelines and criteria for documentation of a system, program, project plan, and timelines.
* Create effective documents that are clear, succinct, accurate, and appropriately detailed.
* Formulate and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
* Perform root-cause analysis of problems and propose possible solutions within the scope of current Greenheck systems. Test and identify best solution, create solution document and describe/sell chosen solution.
* Create moderately complex technical design specifications from functional requirements including: system use case diagrams, data flow diagrams, system design models, pseudo code, etc. Some programming knowledge is required. May need to work with programmers to clarify during development.
* Work as a member of a project team. Able to manage tasks assigned to them and provide estimated time of completion. Understands and can apply project management methodologies.
* Support and maintain current systems, including issue management, user acceptance testing, communication and change management.
* Supervise, guide and mentor other analysts.
Business Unit Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
* Work directly with our internal customers in the business and others in IT to solve simple to complex problems and requests. This will require someone who is analytical, technical, personable and a good collaborator.
* Work with the sales administration team to analyze requirements and determine the best solutions. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user needs.
* Serve as a consultant to the business and other areas of IT regarding sales processes and technology.
* Work directly with a variety of applications or systems including (but not limited to):
* SAP (ECC 6)
* SQL Database
* Jira and Confluence by Atlassian
* Project management. For many projects this will include using an Agile project methodology. This may include working with an external consulting partner and managing a project budget.
* Understand and communicate the value proposition of technical solution implementations, upgrades or changes.
* Identify processes & systems that can be simplified and rationalized; execute the projects needed to do this.
* Leadership skills will be used to:
* Resolve conflicts
* Train others on complex tasks and concepts
* Make formal presentations to others in IT and at all levels of the business
* Constructively offer feedback and ideas for improvement in processes, systems and areas of a technical nature
* Indirect supervision of project teams
* An independent thinker who is open to listening to the customer and able to collaborate with others to determine the best solutions.
* Strong interpersonal skills needed to build collaborative relationships with co-workers, internal customers and external consulting partners.
* Experience with SAP s SD module within a discrete manufacturing environment with mostly Make-To-Order and Configure-To-Order products is preferred.
* Basic understanding of ABAP programming (reading, debugging) and data modeling is preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication; demonstrated ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Working knowledge of the SAP SD module is preferred
* Knowledge of Agile project management.
* Direct supervisory experience.
* 4 year degree in a technical discipline
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
The Greenheck Group is an at will and Equal Opportunity Employer