Systems Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/27/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
Ann Arbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Deepfield is a Nokia owned company that builds the analytic and security solutions that monitor and defend over 90% of internet backbone networks. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics, and we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform. Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence.
Deepfield Networks is seeking highly-qualified individuals to join our team as Systems Developers in our Ann Arbor, MI office. As a member of the system engineering team, you will be integrated with our development teams - constantly striving for automated and efficient operational process improvements. Working closely with other developers, you will help design systems that are resilient to failure amidst exponential growth. You will help build and improve tools for systems management and monitoring. If youve been looking for a chance to work with next-generation tools in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, this might be your opportunity
Successful candidates will possess demonstrable expertise in Linux-based operating systems along with software engineering experience. We are a Python shop using SaltStack for configuration management, AWS for cloud infrastructure, Bamboo for continuous integration and Docker for application packaging, familiarity with those technologies will also be helpful. Past experience in a SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) role or similar position emphasizing the DevOps philosophy would be beneficial.
* Provide technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques with a focus on system level operations
* Own the direction and management of our in house monitoring solution currently based on statsd, collectd, graphite and grafana
* Support and foster cross team communication with a focus on resolving issues with a sense of urgency
* Participate in a Pagerduty rotation to support what you build
* Provide subject-matter expertise during design sessions and technical reviews
Qualifications RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Demonstrable expertise with Linux systems
* Experience with one or more configuration management platforms, such as SaltStack, Chef, Puppet, etc.
* Experience in at least one compiled language (C, Java, etc.) and a dynamic language (Python, Clojure, Ruby, etc.)
* Understanding of large-scale complex systems from a reliability and scalability perspective
* TCP/IP networking knowledge
* Familiarity with principles and practices of infrastructure and application monitoring
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.