Systems Engineer 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Engineer II, Systems provides a range of expertise in design, development, testing and verification of hydro-mechanical and electro-mechanical systems
Job Core Responsibilities
Systems Engineering group covers a range of disciplines which can be broadly categorized as follows:
* Braking System/Tire Pressure Monitoring System requirements/design:
* Including project assigned Lead Systems Engineers who help establish braking system architectures and requirements.
* Requirements capture and traceability including adherence to ARP 4574A procedures and associated tools such as DOORS.
* System interface negotiation (mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, avionic and flight test)
* This role typically involves extensive customer communications and contact.
* System Integration
* Including Hardware In The Loop (HIL) System Integration Testing, Flight Test Support, analysis of aircraft test data and development of associated test tools (eg Simulink)
* Functional Testing Engineering Requirements for ground/flight testing.
* System modelling in Simulink from which SCADE Software is produced
* Development of aircraft, environment and com. simulation models
* Control Algorithm Development
* Including the development and tuning of control algorithms associated with Brake Control, E-brake Control and Nose Wheel Steering
Systems Engineer will participate in one or more of the areas above.
Further specific accountabilities/specialism in one (or more) of the areas above may also be assigned.
* Conducts technical work including the following: analysis, trade-studies, product design, testing, system/component integration, modelling, control system design and test software development (not flight software).
* Prepares and reviews documentation including the following: technical requirements, specifications, design documents, user guides, work instructions, test plans, test procedures and technical reports.
* Plans, organizes and controls his/her activities to ensure on-time delivery and the quality of output. MABS employs the use of Key Performance Indicators to monitor schedule adherence and productivity.
* Actively participates as a member of their skill center and/or program development teams
* Carries out special projects as assigned.
* Authority for technical approval.
Education : Post-secondary degree in Engineering (preferably Aerospace, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering)
Years Experience : minimum 10 years of relevant experience
* Experience in System Development Process to include requirements development, system design and integration and system testing. Experience in Aircraft Braking System development preferred.
* Experienc ein System simulation and modelling
* Experience working with Electrical and Avionic System integration
* Experience in aircraft flight test certification program
* Experience working with Certification Authorities to achieve system certification to Part 25-Airworthiness Standards.
* Proficient in the use of requirements management database (eg Doors)
* Proficient in the use of Matlab/Simulink
* Working knowledge of Aerospace Qualification and Certification (ARP4754A, DO178B/C, DO254, DO160G, ARP4761, AS8584, ARP1070)
* Experience in ARINC429 and CAN protocols
* Experience working in a multi-curtural/international organization
* Change management facilitator
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.