Systems Engineer II 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Travelport - The opportunity to go further.
When you work at Travelport you can make a difference on a global scale. As a Linux Systems Engineer II; you ll be joining a team that s responsible for delivering truly innovative solutions that impacts our many customers and travelers around the world.
Travelport provides distribution, technology, payment and other solutions to the global travel and tourism industry. In short; we enable the world to search, share, buy and sell travel. The Technology Team has a crucial role to play in this. We re highly creative, collaborative and innovative people who work on complex problems, but the challenge is interesting and fun, and a solution is always achievable.
This is truly a chance to develop your career and your skills with a business that cares about its people and a culture where your voice will be heard.
The role will involve .
* Maintain existing systems, patch existing systems, ensure ongoing health and support of the systems.
* Develop and implement automation and workflow.
* Support automation requests from the Business.
* Identify and develop workflows to automate manual processes.
* Perform complex troubleshooting and analysis to determine ways to improve a system s reliability, scalability, availability, and performance.
* Work with engineers to understand the design and implementation of solutions.
* Documentation of troubleshooting guides and Technical Product Training
* Participate in project meetings, liaise and participate in meetings with vendors and software providers
* Assist technical Project Managers in delivering projects
* Providing support and mentoring to other IT staff
* Providing on-job training to new or inexperienced members of the team.
* Document and hand over systems to other teams for ongoing support
* Additional Accountabilities
* Other System Administration, BAU support, work tickets in support of applications teams.
* Perform 24 x 7 On Call Support
* High Level of fault management/resolution and incident management responsibility to include production of incident reports within required timescales
* Keeps the management team and peers fully advised of challenges, timelines, and customer interaction.
* Work with peers across the enterprise to share knowledge and ensure consistent enterprise standards are maintained.
* Adheres to Business Unit Change Control agreements and system security procedures
* Available to work on an on-call rotation and carry out weekend and evening work as required by the role
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
* Associate s degree (2-year degree) in information technology, computer science, or related degree and/or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of IT experience with focus on systems administration. (Strong experience and knowledge: Linux, RedHat LDAP, Satellite Server.)
* Strong scripting skills in PowerShell, VBScript, BASH, Python, Perl.
* Experience of TCP/IP networking
* Good knowledge of these technologies:
* VMware vSphere
* HP/Cisco/IBM Server Hardware
* Linux Clusters/Veritas
Nice to Haves:
* Knowledge of the following desirable but not required:
* Nagios, Ganglia.
* Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Microsoft SQL server.
* ITIL best practice framework
* IBM AIX
* Experience or understanding of corporate and external audit standards such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
Additional skills and qualities:
* Ability to research and provide solutions for infrastructure related products.
* Ability to perform a variety of highly complicated tasks simultaneously.
* The role calls for a high level of customer focus and the ability to work with changing deadlines, changing priorities and the ability to work under a degree of pressure.
* Able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
* Able to follow technical methods and standards.
* Analytic Approach to problem-solving.
* A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Strong Communication and interpersonal skills in a multicultural and global environment.
* Self-confident and able to work alone or as part of a team.
* Customer satisfaction skills. (customer focus, flexibility, ability to influence, organizing & planning, problem-solving, quality assurance, attention to detail, self-starter, self-confident).
Take the opportunity to go further by contacting / clicking apply below..