Systems Engineer II - (Horsham, PA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/9/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONNextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Systems Engineer II (Horsham, PA)
Provide Network and Systems administration for Network Engineers and internal server environments. This includes but not limited to planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. Analyst and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Provide end user training as required.
* Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer
* programs and systems. Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
* Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
* Review and analyze computer printouts and performance indicators to locate code problems, and correct errors by correcting codes.
* Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
* Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion prevention systems.
* Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers and switches. Maintain network component
* inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
* Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
* Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
* Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science or related field.
* 4 plus years of experience in computer networking, systems, or related experience.
* Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows Servers, Checkpoint SPLAT/GAIA, and Cisco IOS.
* Extensive application support experience with Checkpoint and Cisco
* Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including BGP, MPLS, VSS, VPC and Clustering
* Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
* Checkpoint and/or Cisco preferred.
* Microsoft certifications, MCP preferred.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes