Systems Specialist (CAD/Revit) 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Date: Nov 16, 2017
Location: Schofield, WI, US, 54476
Company: Greenheck Group
Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) has now become a key part of almost every major new construction project. VDC is the management of integrated multi-disciplinary performance models of design-construction projects, including; products, work processes, organization of the design, construction, and operation teams. Greenheck plays a very important role in this process by providing Revit models and CAD content to the architects, engineers, and contractors, to facilitate the VDC process.
This position will define and promote the linkage between Greenheck s product selection and configuration technology and the needs of the architects, engineers, and contractors, performing the VDC process. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding VDC process and the underlying technology that facilities the process. Understanding the workflow of selecting and configuring a wide variety of Greenheck s air movement and control products and placing them into a building design models is required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Create parametric Revit content for highly configurable heating, ventilation and air conditioning products
* Assist construction engineers with questions on Revit as it pertains to Greenheck group products
* Develop custom Revit content for special designs or new products based on customer requests
* May oversee the transition from design into production, including any necessary testing and training required for implementing new or changed designs
* Moderate involvement with product configuration applications/programs.
* May provide support to sales and marketing staff through the creation of cut-sheet/submittal documentation or technical assistance on simple inquiries.
* Communicate data/design problems to appropriate engineering/CAD personnel for corrective action
* May participate (help) in process review projects to continually improve the process
* Work closely with others on best practices to design and manufacture standards
* Participate in the design and development of SDR (Special Design Requests) work for production
* Create submittal drawings and other submittal data as required for special, typically large, customer projects
* Some projects are multi-million dollar opportunities that require a high level of attention to detail
* Completion of the first two or three years of college or technical school
* Between 3-5 years of work experience is required
* Knowledge of CAD systems (AutoCAD, Inventor Preferred and/or Revit). No knowledge required of the products or systems but it is preferred
The Greenheck Group is an at will and Equal Opportunity Employer