This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/2/2017
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160811-8088-MGV
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
If you re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we re continually looking for ways to augment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Our business is seeking an experienced Metrics Associate / Tableau Developer to serve as the technical resource in the conception and development of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) initiatives.
* Ability to be part of the team that designs and is a key player in the development/execution of IT metric dashboards via Tableau, models and data sources at varying levels of complexity.
* Develop programming logic, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology, analyzing data and participate on KPI projects
* Design and build architecture to support Tableau environment and data feeds
* Proactively and continuously improve IT metric dashboards and cost allocation models for IT leaders. Assist in evaluating client business requirements, think outside the box and providing technical recommendations.
* Develop technical expertise in KPI subject areas and new technologies to develop new KPIs, respond to questions, recommend and develop innovative methods that result in technically efficient solutions.
* Develop project plans (draw attention to bottlenecks for resolution) from KPI design to deployment
* Documentation for proposed, implemented or changed solutions/architecture
* Communication to all levels of management and effectively present dashboards, models & analysis
* Build cross-functional relationships with other teams
* Support the decision-making process by delivering accurate and timely data, analysis
* Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
* Shares acquired skills and end user support with through formal and informal channels
* Completes responsibilities as outlined on performance plan, special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Candidate must possess programming ability: 3+ years of experience designing, developing, documenting and supporting Tableau dashboards
* Experience with RDBMs, SQL Server and interactive SQL programming
* Advanced proficiency with Excel, Proficiency with PowerPoint 2010
* Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and flexibility to innovate new approaches/solutions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be experienced in successfully explaining technical results to technical and non-technical audiences to provide transparency into metric processes
* Candidate must be self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Candidate must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Managing Tight deadlines
We are offering an excellent compensation package. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.