Tax Associate - 2018 - Boca Raton, FL 9/20/2017
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to guide your success in this profession. Training is provided through the Associate Professional Development (APD) program which is specifically designed to build on the foundations of your college studies to develop advanced accounting knowledge. In this program, you will benefit from:* National level training resources and technology
* Development of leadership and networking skills
* Exposure to multiple clients within diverse industries
* Mentoring by Managers & Directors
* Connecting personal success with CBIZ & MHM success
CBIZ MHM is proud of our strong company culture. We work across the tri-county area, bringing you a tailored approach to tackling your challenges and helping you achieve your goals. Having served this marketplace for more than 40 years, we understand the importance of reputation and exceeding expectations in this close-knit business community. We are committed to providing superior client service and we are constantly focused on, and motivated by, providing positive results for our clients.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
* Prepare and review federal and state tax returns for CBIZ for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations and individuals.
* Develop tax compliance knowledge and assist with IRS audits, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns.
* Execute solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures relative to individual client assignments.
* Participate in client assignments from beginning to end.
* Identify and communicate audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities with senior associates, managers and partners to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process.
* Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships.
* Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs.
* Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct.
* Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on audit methodology.
A successful candidate will have:
* Bachelor's degree required; Master s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred.
* CPA eligible; desire to obtain certification is required.
* Internship experience in accounting or related field preferred
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including knowledge of GAAP, Taxation compliance, codes and regulations and GAAS rules, procedures and standards.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally.
* Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software.
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
To view PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html