Tax Senior Associate 5/18/2017
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan and suburban cities throughout the U.S., CBIZ is one of the nation s leading providers of professional financial and employee business services. At CBIZ, our associates benefit from the opportunities, resources, training and stability of a national organization, while also enjoying the flexibility, comfortable culture and sense of community typically associated with a smaller, local company.
CBIZ and MHM are together ranked as one of the top accounting services providers in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses and the not-for-profit sector. MHM, an independent CPA firm, provides high quality audit and assurance services and works closely with CBIZ, an accounting, tax and consulting services provider. CBIZ and MHM are members of Kreston International Limited, a global network of independent accounting firms.
CBIZ MHM is proud of our strong company culture. In 2016 we were recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal; in San Diego by the San Diego Union Tribune and in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal. It was an honor to be recognized for such prestigious awards, knowing that it was the feedback from our employees that earned us our spot on those lists.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann, P.C. has immediate openings for a Tax Senior Associate.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
* Tax seniors are responsible for tax compliance, associate development, management of client relationships, and some direct client contact. Seniors are expected to competently handle a wide variety of tax compliance issues
* Tax Seniors contribute to activities at the senior level including interfacing with associates for project management, time management, and general supervision and guidance
* They are responsible for keeping current on and possessing sound knowledge of Taxation Codes and Regulations
* They will participate in training and developing staff and building a team-centered client service team; monitor client issues related to compliance services and maintain a consistently high quality tax solution; and monitor engagement status and profitability as well as attending to clients expectations
* Seniors will be responsible for preparing and reviewing federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations, and individuals
* Other tax compliance responsibilities may include IRS audit assistance, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns
* Minimum 3 years Public Accounting experience with a tax focus
* Bachelors degree required; Master s degree in Accounting, Masters of Taxation or related field desirable
* CPA certification or ability to obtain certification is required
* High degree of self-motivation and self-investment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including effective English language speaking and writing skills
* Committed to excellence and dedication
* Willingness to learn and be challenged
* Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills
* Able to effectively communicate with clients and team-members
* Displays sound business and professional judgment
* Possesses initiative, is proactive and a self-starter
* Works well under pressure and client deadlines
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
To view PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html