Technical Designer 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Gensler is a leading architecture, design and planning firm, with 5000+ staff in 46 locations around the world. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
The Gensler Houston Office is currently seeking a Technical Designer for architectural projects. In this position, you will collaborate with your team to develop appropriate design solutions as well as coordinate the design through the construction documentation phase of the project.
* Work with the Design Director(s) and project team (s) on conceptual designs, presentations, design development, and production.
* Coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
* Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
* Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings.
* Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
* Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
* Bachelors Degree in Architecture.
* 0-5 years of experience on architecture projects.
* Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as a part of a project team.
* Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, Sketchup, PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator. Understanding of 3D Studio Max and InDesign is a plus.
* Knowledge of materials, construction techniques, and building codes.
* Strong organizations skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
* Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
Back Email Apply Now