Technical Operations Engineer 10/12/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
Ann Arbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Deepfield is Nokia owned company that builds the analytic and security solutions that monitor and defend over 90% of internet backbone networks. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics, and we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform. Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence.
WHAT WE DO
At Deepfield Nokia owed company our customers are the internet - from content providers to global network operators. There's no shortage of data in these environments, the challenge is to turn that data into actionable information for everything from strategic business decisions to automated network operation. The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for answers.
The Technical Operations team ensures that our complex systems are running smoothly and are highly available. Expertise with linux system administration and the command line is required. Familiarity with various storage solutions, cloud hosting providers, revision control software, networking and scripting in either python or bash is desired. Problem solving and experience investigating complex issues are a plus. A sense of ownership and responsibility is absolutely essential for success.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced system administrator with a hacker mentality, someone who thrives in a complex, fast-moving environment. This isn't an upgrade to the latest version of the software once-a-year type of gig our engineers must be able to triage complex problems, ensure system stability and constantly improve processes.
WHAT YOULL DO
* Triage escalated production issues
* Work alongside application developers, network and systems engineers to perform system installations and software upgrades
* Deploy our product in customer data centers and public cloud solutions
* Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
* Linux system administration
* Basic understanding of Git repositories
* Understanding the processes and communications that lead to positive customer experiences
* Working within a ticket tracking system (JIRA, a plus)
* TCP/IP networking
* Learning new technologies
* Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
* Contributing to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
* Scripting experience
* Cloud hosting experience (such as Amazon Web Services)
* Familiarity with big data technologies (such as Hadoop)
* Experience with virtual platforms (such as VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
* Understanding of configuration management (such as SaltStack, Puppet)
* The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
* A group of people that enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings oh, and did we mention food?
* The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
* Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
* A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.