Technical Program Manager 9/20/2017
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Technical Program Manager
Technology and Engineering
Share | |Email this job
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER
Education Advisory Board
The Advisory Board Company
EAB (Education Advisory Board) is seeking a talented, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative Project or Program Manager to focus on scaling and developing core platform capabilities for EAB s industry leading success platform. The project manager will be responsible for identifying strategic capabilities that will support current and likely uses of the platform and define requirements for a flexible, data-driven capability which can meet specific feature requirements now and in the future.
WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING:
- Translate and break down strategic roadmap priorities into specific requirements and stories
- Gather user feedback on feature implementation details and refine feature specifications to maximize user value and impact
- Team with engineering leadership to prioritize and specify general capability requirements of the platform to support current and likely future functional use cases
- Lead sprint prioritization, define test and acceptance requirements, and team with engineering to scope stories for maximum impact for given level of effort
- Ensure all stories and requirements are fully specified, work with engineering, NPD, and other stakeholders to refine when necessary
- Create mockups and requirements documents
- Document new features
- Education: Bachelor s degree
- Experience with elastic search, business process automation, CRM, and analytics
- Experience with cloud application development and capabilities
- 10+ years professional experience delivering software products with recent emphasis on B2B
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Ability to prioritize with conviction and communicate decisions effectively, with an eye towards long-term product strategy
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team
- Ability to communicate clearly, including experience presenting to large groups and working directly with executive-level customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop user persona empathy and domain/industry expertise
- Ability to translate market findings into new product/enhancement ideas
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and creativity
- Proven analytic orientation as well as ability to be comfortable with some uncertainty
- Demonstrated focus on delivering creative features that will guarantee market differentiation
- 2+ years professional experience in education technology or other higher education products
- Experience both building products from early stage development and managing more mature products
- Familiarity with data and analytics products including data visualization, data management, predictive modeling, and reporting/dashboarding
- Experience working with academic leaders (Department Chairs, Deans, Provosts, etc.)
ABOUT EDUCATION ADVISORY BOARD
EAB is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,100+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.eab.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
PERKS (A FEW OF MANY):
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.