TECHNICAL RESEARCH ASSISTANT I / 24 HOURS / DAY / BWH SURGERY 10/10/2017
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Working under the general supervision of Principal Investigator (or Research Manager), and in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures, conducts a variety of routine experiments where methodologies are clearly established. Calculates, transcribes, and analyzes data using basic statistics. May performliterature searchesunder direction of supervisor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Under generalsupervision, performs a variety of routinetests following established methodologies. Routine tests may includeseparation and quantitation of labeled and unlabeled lipids by TLC, GC, and HPLC (Site specificexamples here).
* Prepares and maintains tissue cultures.
* May prepareradioactive and non-radioactive samples for lipidanalysis.
* Record data, summarizes, and analyzesresults using basic statistics.
* Prepares laboratory reagents, chemicals, instruments, and equipment.
* Maintains supplies inventoryin accordance with departmental procedures.
* Discusses progress of work regularly with supervisor.
* All other duties,as assigned.
* BS in a biological/physical science required.
New graduate with relevant course or project work
* Good organizational skills, detail oriented
* Sound degree of computer literacy
* Ability to methodically record data and to analyze data using basic statistics
* Ability to perform a variety of routine tasks and prioritize work
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism
The laboratory conducts thyroid cancer research using cancer cell-lines and animal tissue/s (blood borne pathogens). Universal precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times. The lab is aBL2 (Bio-level 2) safety environment.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.