Technical Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 3/8/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are hiring a Technical Sales Representative who will influence design professionals of all types (i.e. roof consultants, architects, engineers) to use Johns Manville's Roofing Solutions. The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for interacting with design professionals to provide design assistance regarding roofing solutions, providing design professionals with education to promote Johns Manville's technical expertise and targeting non JM specifying to rewrite master specifications to position Johns Manville in the specifications. This position is located in downtown Denver.
The purpose of the Technical Sales Representative's role is to collaborate with Regional Sales teams and Regional Sales Manager to provide the following:
* Collaborate with Regional Sales teams and Regional Sales Manager to provide the following:
* Achieve a revenue target by working with design professionals to position Johns Manville Roofing Systems in their specifications, and close on those opportunities.
* Target specifier firms who do not specify Johns Manville Roofing Systems to rewrite their master specifications to include Johns Manville Roofing Systems.
* Contribute toward the development of tools to improve the efficiency of the entire specifier services team including standardized substitution requests, calculators, models, and specifications.
* Participate in related regional events and trade shows for (AIA, CSI, RCI, DBI, etc.) to showcase Johns Manville's technical knowledge through communication with attendees, conducting BURSI educational seminars, and presenting JM technical studies.
* Contribute toward the efforts to continuously improve the BURSI program through the creation of new presentations and updating existing presentations for both classroom and online content.
* May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree or 8 years of professional experience in lieu of a degree plus the requirements noted below
* 2 or more years of experience working in the construction, commercial roofing, or general specifications (Division 7) industry.
* Knowledge of the construction industry and construction process
* Utilizing specification tools and understanding roofing systems selection and design
* Understanding of sustainability concepts
* Knowledge of Johns Manville and competitor product lines including physical properties and characteristics
* Ability to understand customer needs and develop custom solutions for unique roofing situations
* Experience developing and presenting PowerPoint presentations (up to100 people)
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Ability to travel up to 50%
Primary work environment is typical of an office. Work environment in the field may be at a customer's facility or job site; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc. May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 25 pounds Ability to climb ladders