Technical Support Controller
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 12/9/2017
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Expectations
Technical Support Controller
The Technical Support/Repeat Item Controller monitors fleet performance on a daily basis and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance, ongoing troubleshooting and/or aircraft recovery. The position reports to the Manager Maintenance Control or Designee.
* Monitor delays, pilot irregularity reports and other technical interruptions.
* Identify necessary actions and provide instructions to prevent recurring interruptions Coordinate with planning, AOG and MCC to schedule and allocate parts/tooling for follow up actions
* Communicate with aircraft manufacturing representatives for follow up or troubleshooting recommendations
* Develop metrics to track repeat items and the effectiveness and execution of follow up actions
* Maintain and distribute records of actions and resolutions
* Periodically report trends and recommendations to Tech Manager(s) and ATA responsible Engineers
* Assist in identifying necessary manual revisions or issuing Info Notices and/or MABs for more effective troubleshooting
* Reviews SNLs and AOTs for troubleshooting information
* Liaise with ATA Engineer, MCC and front line maintenance on chronic aircraft
* Track and identify OOS contributing factors
* Review aircraft Health Diagnosis software (AHEAD and AIRMAN) for symptoms of system degradation and issue appropriate action.
* Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned to achieve departmental and Company objectives
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
* Seven (7) years experience in aircraft maintenance, aircraft systems troubleshooting, and/or airline engineering
* Five (5) years experience with a Part 121 carrier
* Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
* Strong ability to troubleshoot complex aircraft system
* Knowledge of aircraft maintenance processes and procedures
* Strong knowledge of aircraft documentation (AMM, IPC, FIM/TSM, WD, ASM, etc.)
* Diverse experience in all aspects of technical operations and aircraft systems
* Available for overnight travel (10%)
* Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
* Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
* Valid Passport with the ability to travel unrestricted in and out of the United States
* Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Aircraft Maintenance Management
* Experience with E190 and Airbus A320/A321 aircraft
* Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word , PowerPoint and Excel
* Strong organizational, communication and team building skills
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Promote JetBlue s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
* Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
* Upholding JetBlue s safety performance metric goals and understanding how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
* Computer and other office equipment
* Office environment and occasional field service
* Present for core business hours with occasional off hours support
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.