Technical Support Engineer 3 (AMCS2006)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/30/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONOrganization Overview
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 310,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog http://blog.fortinet.com/ or FortiGuard Labs http://www.fortiguard.com/.
United States [US]
Technical Support Engineer 3 (AMCS2006)
Full Time Regular
At Fortinet, we are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer who is motivated and also has deep technical knowledge of systems as well as a clear understanding of virtualization. This role will require the engineer to quickly understand and pick up the concept of infrastructure monitoring from a performance and security stand point. The engineer will perform daily duties A lot of technology is intertwined with SIEM and Performance Monitoring.
DAY TO DAY WORKLOAD:
* Excellent Correlation Abilities
* Strong ability to read logs from different sources within the environment and correlate them
* Inbound tickets from customers and work on them
* Inbound Escalations directly from the manager
* Follow support process
* Excellent Problem Solving skills, ability to think on their feet
* Mentor and provide technical guidance in order to problem solve
* Advanced troubleshooting ability is a must
* Confidently display problem solving techniques
* Ability to document and demonstrate to team members
* Work with customers via phone, remote meeting sessions, ticket system, taking over night calls/escalations
* Have clear and concise note taking ability
* Excellent Time management skills
* Ability to track tickets from beginning to completion
* Ability to handle multiple issues and track multiple problems at once
* Knowing when to escalate to management
* Excellent Communication skills (spoken and written)
* Taking On-call P1/System down issues for the weekend (scheduled)
* A BS degree or equivalent certification in COMPUTER SCIENCE / COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
* 5-6 YEARS of Systems troubleshooting experience in an enterprise / service provider environment or equivalent from a Senior Tier 3 Support Role.
PRACTICAL HANDS-ON KNOWLEDGE OF
* Unix / Gnu-Linux (administrative level)
* Windows (administrative level)
* Checkpoint FW
* Load Balancers (F5 Big IP)
* Various Routers / Switches (Cisco CatOs, Cisco IOS, JunOS, PanOS, Riverbed, etc.)
* Vulnerability scanners (nessus, FireSIGHT, Qualys, etc)
* SQL (MSSql, MySql, postgresql, Oracle, etc.)
* Cloud Applications (AWS, Box, Google Apps, Office 365, Okta, Salesforce, etc)
Practical Hands-on knowledge of protocols and applications w/ability to debug
* ISO Layers 1-7
* RPC, TCP, UDP, SMTP, SNMP, WMI, RDP, SSH, TLS, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, Proxy, IPS, ISA, NFS, SAN, NAS, etc.
Practical Hands-On Knowledge of Code/Script/Object Oriented Language is a plus
* C++, Java, Java Scripts (to see how to debug), exp, sh, python, XML, html, SQL
Multi-Lingual is a Plus
EEOC / AAP
Accommodation: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Fortinet, Inc at (408) 235-7700 of firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.